If you are expecting, taking care of your health can be challenging especially if your due date occurs during the summer or early fall in Abu Dhabi which is a hot weather. In this blog, we will discuss how to handle summer pregnancy problems and why Al Hendawy Medical Centre has the best gynecologists in Abu Dhabi who care for you and your baby.
How does summer heat affect your pregnancy in Abu Dhabi?
It’s very much necessary to understand how the intense summer heat may affect your pregnancy. Maintaining a stable body temperature is crucial for pregnant women. A pregnant woman’s risk of heat exhaustion, heatstroke, and dehydration increases when her body temperature rises above 102.2 degrees Fahrenheit. Inadequate hydration can also cause Braxton Hicks contractions (uterine tightening) and dizziness, which pose risks to the developing fetus.
Will hot weather affect the unborn baby?
Pregnant mothers in Abu Dhabi should exercise caution throughout the summer because the heat can endanger the developing child. Here are two important issues that need to be addressed:
- Dehydration: It’s important to stay hydrated to prevent dehydration-related symptoms that could endanger both the mother and the unborn child, such as fainting, wooziness, and dizziness. A fall brought on by dehydration during the late second and early third trimester may result in amniotic fluid loss. Moreover, being dehydrated causes the body to produce vasopressin, which can result in “false” uterine contractions called Braxton Hicks contractions. Dehydration during contractions can lower blood pressure and volume, which may result in preterm labor.
- Hyperthermia: Abnormally high body temperatures are referred to as hyperthermia. Early pregnancy hyperthermia raises the possibility of congenital problems, especially neural tube disorders like spina bifida, in the unborn child. It’s significant to notice that the first eight weeks of pregnancy are predominantly when this danger is present. Spikes in body temperature after that are unlikely to raise congenital issues.
How to have a safe and comfortable summer pregnancy in Abu Dhabi?
The following advice is offered by our maternity experts in Abu Dhabi to help you have the best summer pregnancy possible:
- Swim: A great approach to beat the summer heat and ease pressure on your feet is to cool down in the cool water. Swimming is a cool-down activity as well as a low-impact exercise choice.
- Wear Breathable Clothes: Choose light-colored, loose-fitting garments made of breathable materials. This will keep you comfortable by reflecting the sun’s rays and dissipating heat and humidity.
- Keep Out of Direct Sunlight: Pregnant women are more prone to sunburn, so stay inside during the hottest part of a sunny day. If required, shield your skin from harmful UV rays by donning a hat, sunglasses, a parasol, and using sunscreen with SPF 30-45, especially if you have fair skin.
- Exercise with Care: Consider your workout regimen carefully, and pay attention to the time and place. Avoid the severe heat by exercising during cooler times of the day, such as early morning or dusk. Take into account air-conditioned indoor exercise options. For instance, take indoor classes or enrol in a pregnancy program at the gym. Swimming is a great option since it keeps you cool and offers a low-resistance, high-impact workout.
- Maintain Hydration: On a hot summer day, replenish your fluid intake by consuming eight ounces of liquids (water or electrolyte replacement) per hour you spend outside. If you feel worn out, lightheaded, weak, or very thirsty, go inside right away, lie down, and drink something cold to bring your body temperature down. Consult a good gynecologist in Abu Dhabi, if symptoms continue.
- Mist yourself: Carry a spray bottle of water with you so you can mist yourself from time to time to keep cool while spending time outside in Abu Dhabi.
- Elevate Your Feet: Spend some time each day raising your feet above the level of your heart to lessen swelling, especially in the legs, which the summer heat can increase.
- Have Nutritious Foods: Pregnancy requires proper nutrition, particularly in warm weather. In order to support your health as you face the scorching sun, make sure to eat foods high in protein and good fats like avocados and oils.
- Avoid Foods That Spoil Fast: If you’re traveling with food, make sure to avoid foods that may spoil fast in the hot heat. Make sure you choose foods that are risk-free and won’t harm your and your baby’s health.
How can we help you?
- Gynecologists with expertise: Al Hendawy Medical Center is home to a group of knowledgeable and experienced gynecologists who specialize in offering first-rate prenatal care. Their knowledge guarantees that you get the greatest advice and individual care during your pregnancy.
- Modern Facilities: The medical center is outfitted with modern facilities and cutting-edge diagnostic equipment to ensure accurate evaluations and risk-free pregnancies.
- Care and complete treatment: Everyone in our team are sensitive to the special requirements of pregnant mothers and provides sympathetic treatment in a friendly setting.
- Stress-free pregnancy: At Al Hendawy Medical Centre, we ensure healthy and stress-free pregnancy. Our holistic approach to prenatal care addresses the physical, emotional, and psychological elements of being pregnant.
Preventative actions and professional advice are necessary to solve summer pregnancy issues. Expectant mothers can navigate the summer months more easily by staying hydrated, dressing properly, avoiding excessive sun exposure, maintaining a nutrient-rich diet, and getting enough rest. Furthermore, seeking the advice of the best gynecologists in Abu Dhabi, like those at Al Hendawy Medical Centre, ensures complete prenatal care and peace of mind during the lovely pregnancy journey. Putting self-care first and getting professional help will guarantee a healthy and joyful summer pregnancy.
Call us at +971 26213666 to book a consultation with us today…!!!