General Physician, MB. BCh, American Board in Aesthetic Medicine
Dr. Gina Barsoum is a highly experienced General Physician who has worked extensively in and out of the UAE. She completed her Medical Graduation from Ain Shams University, Egypt in 2000. After her graduation, she has worked at Ain Shams university hospitals and Egyptian Ministry hospitals.
Before moving to UAE, she has also worked at reputed healthcare facilities in KSA and Egypt. Apart from being the General Physician, she is also the Head of Medical record and clinical coding department at Al Hendawy Medical Center. She is currently in charge of infection control and quality improvement manager in Al Hendawy Medical Center.
Dr. Gina Barsoum is a HAAD Certified GP and American Board certified in Aesthetics medicine. She is also an American Heart Association certified and current member of the American Academy of Aesthetic Medicine & AHIMA (American Health Information Management Association). She provides a full range of general medicine services including evidence-based medicine for disease management and preventative healthcare for patients of all ages. Her key responsibilities includes:
- Treat patients (adult & child) and take personal histories, perform examinations, order laboratory tests, x-rays and other diagnostic procedures
- Evaluate patient’s physical and mental health; refer patients to specialists where appropriate
- Conduct patient’s regular checkups.
- Prescribe and administer medications and treatments
- Manage acute febrile illnesses, upper respiratory tract infections, acute asthma attacks and chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases with acute exacerbation
- Provide care for patients with Type I & Type II Diabetes Mellitus, mixed hyperlipidemia, Hypertension, irritable bowel disease, GERD
- Provide care for eating disorders and obesity
- Manage allergic rhinitis, atopic dermatitis, urticaria
- Report notifiable diseases, such as pertussis and measles, to governmental authorities
- Advise patients about strategies for maintaining optimal health, including disease and accident prevention