The Prosthetics and Orthotics Program at Al Hendawy Medical Center is one of the largest facility of its kind in Abu Dhabi, UAE. Our specially trained staff design and create custom prosthetic and orthotic devices using the newest ideas and the most up-to-date features. This allows us to work closely with each patient to produce the best results.
We work with patients, families and other healthcare providers, from the first assessment through the entire treatment process. This often involves life-long relationships with patients and their families
What is Prosthetics?
Prosthetics is the evaluation, design, and creation of artificial limbs for those who have had an amputation or were born without a limb, (for example, someone who has lost a hand to an accident or disease, or someone born without a hand).
What is Orthotics?
Orthotics is the evaluation, design, and creation of an orthosis (for example, a brace) to improve function, health, and comfort.
- Prosthetic solutions for all level of amputation with latest advance technology socket designs Orthotic treatment such as:
- Hand and arm orthosis
- Foot, ankle, knee and hip orthosis
- Cranial Orthosis(head)
- Custom Spinal Orthosis /Nighttime (Providence) Brace
- 3D Printed Insoles
- CAD/CAM Insoles
- Orthopedic/Diabetic Foot Wear
Our team is dedicated to providing the best care to patients through:
- Client-centered care with attention to the needs and goals of the individual.
- Excellent care based on evidence from research and guidelines for best practice.
- Coordination with other members of the healthcare team, including physicians, nurses, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, and social workers.
- The use of the most up-to-date technologies.
- In-house design and the making of prosthetics and orthotics.
Our team is made up of
- Medical consultant in Physiotherapy
- Certified Orthotists
- Certified Prosthetists
- Registered Orthotic and
- Prosthetic Technicians
- Biomedical Engineer
- Administrative staff